80% of MedScan3D customers are based in the medical device sector (Boston Scientific, Medtronic) and education work within hospitals accounts for the remaining 20% of their customers. Current testing models are not as clinically relevant as their customers would like and they often come to MedScan3D looking for an improved option which they can adjust or take from CT scans. Therefore, MedScan3D has developed a process to 3D print suitable moulds for a silicone model and formulate silicone material with a coating for lubrication, to mimic the low friction properties of target tissues. Our company has significant expertise in 3D printing polymers and biomedical engineering.
Our main USP is our consultation and team expertise provided. We have a team that includes a 3D printing expert, a CAD design expert, and a segmentation expert. Therefore, we not only
print anatomical 3D models that are patient specific, we also adapt these models to fit simulators and test rigs of our customer’s choice. These models can be used for one off isolated testing purposes, or they can be used for prototyping to produce a silicone cast for ongoing testing. This group of service’s is not supplied by any other company. It is a simple and easy service for our customers to use, which is normally problematic.
The goal for MedScan3D in 2020 was to increase revenue by 50% and by 2021 expand to the UK and USA and Asia. The plan for expansion is to have their head office as is, in Ireland where the segmentation and CAD work would be carried out. For regions outside Ireland they will hire consultants with an in-depth knowledge of the business. The consultants would seek new customers and manage the accounts creating personal relationships. MedScan3D see much larger potential for the surgical planning in the USA than there would be in Ireland – due to the nature of the hospital setup in Ireland. These consultants will have links to our existing customers who have American base (such as Boston Scientific), allowing MedScan3D to be involved with customers in different regions.
Electromedical Equipment / Medical Technology | Services and Publications